Table Of Contents
- 1 The timing of the New Year in the Book Of Enoch
The timing of the New Year in the Book Of Enoch
This article explores the difficult topic of the timing of New Year In The Book Of Enoch. It is difficult, for God’s appointed times and seasons have been changed by humans throughout history.
Most nations currently observe the Gregorian calendar. It was established in 1582 by Pope Gregory and was a reform of the Julian calendar.
Key features of the Gregorian Calendar
The Gregorian calendar has the following features:
– 365 days.
– Twelve months of either 30 or 31 days.
– Twenty eight days in February in the common year.
– Twenty nine days in February during leap years, which occur almost every four years.
– Weeks consisting of seven days, going from day one to seven. (TimeAndDate.com).
Since we were born into this calendar system, most of us were unaware that the calendar used in the Bible was different.
Therefore, we need to calculate events and times in the Bible based on God’s calendar, which is the calendar of the Kingdom of God. We saw that in the time of Moses, particularly.
Brief overview of God’s calendar
God revealed His calendar first to Enoch and later to Moses. IT was designed for all citizens of earth. God’s calendar provides:
– Days of rest.
– Days of worshio.
– Special Feast Days to meet with God.
– Other observances.
The calendar of our Heavenly Father provides what Christ refers to as an easy yoke. It is designed to bless the earth and its citizens with rest, celebrations and times of fellowship with God.
God’s calendar is the calendar of the Heavenly Kingdom.
We need to match the calendar established by God in order to match the events in Heaven and to enjoy the blessings.
God restored His calendar first to Enoch, then to Moses prior to the Exodus of Egypt. We can therefore make the assumption that people before the flood of Noah observed the calendar, particularly those in Seth’s family line.
Jews in the Bible followed Moses’ calendar. Its observance is evident during the times of Christ.
All of the nations have gone astray from God’s Order. Even the modern solar cycles are out of sync as Enoch prophesied. Therefore, some seasons are longer than the designated 91 days.
We are in the era of time of restoration of all things. God begins with a restoration of His time order when He is about to bring His people out of the World System.
Let us pray for the Kingdom of God to come in the earth as it is in Heaven. We long for the rests and peace that He provides for the earth through His calendar.
The timing of New Year in the Book of Enoch/timing on God’s calendar
Enoch said that the New Year begins in Spring at the Equinox or intercalated day. Here are the key features:
– The year begins at Spring.
– Each year consists of 360 days + 4 intercalated days.
– This gives a total of 354 days per year.
– There ae 12 months.
– Each month has 30 days.
– The months are divided into FOUR quarters or seasons.
– Each quarter has 91 days.
– There are FOUR intercalated days in each year. These are the equinoxes and solstices.
– The intercalated days occur at the beginning of each quarter and mark their beginning.
– These intercalated days are not counted into the days of the months.
One reference to God’s New Year the Book of Enoch – Cnapter 82: 15-17
15. In the beginning of the year Melkejâl rises first and rules, who is named Tam’âinî† and sun,
and all the days of his dominion whilst he bears rule are ninety-one days.
16. And these are the signs of the days which are to be seen on earth in the days of his dominion:
sweat, and heat, and calms;
and all the trees bear fruit,
and leaves are produced on all the trees,
and the harvest of wheat,
and the rose-flowers,
and all the flowers which come forth in the field,
but the trees of the winter season become withered.
17. And these are the names of the leaders which are under them:
and another who is added a head of a thousand, called Hîlûjâsĕph:
and the days of the dominion of this (leader) are at an end.