Table Of Contents
- 1 Weeks In The Book Of Enoch
- 1.1 Who is the Eternal Plant Of Righteousness?
- 1.2 What reference point is WEEKS in the Book of Enoch?
- 1.3 The Book of Jubilees might be helpful in the interpretation of WEEKS
- 1.4 How many weeks are there in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93?
- 1.5 Book of Enoch Chapter 93
- 1.5.1 The First week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.2 The second week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.3 The third week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.4 The fourth week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.5 The fifth week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.6 The sixth week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.7 The seventh week in the Book of Enoch
- 1.5.8 The effect of The Holy One during the seventh week
- 1.6 Key phrases in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
Weeks In The Book Of Enoch
Weeks In The Book Of Enoch contains prophecies given by Apostle Enoch for seven eras of time referred to as weeks.
The prophecy of Weeks, or apocalypse of weeks, spans from the Creation to the appearance of Messiah the Holy One. During that final week, the Holy One will choose His Church or “the Elect Righteous.”:
And at its close shall be elected
The elect righteous of the eternal plant of righteousness,
To receive sevenfold instruction concerning all His creation (Book of Enoch 93: 10).
Who is the Eternal Plant Of Righteousness?
Christ is the Eternal Plant Of Righteousness. The Bible also uses the imagery or picture of Christ being a plant in order to describe Him:
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is the rod or branch or offspring of Jessee and the Branch out of his roots.:
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots (Isaiah 11: 1).
In other scriptures, Christ referred to Himself as the Plant or Vine to which all true believers are attached:
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
What reference point is WEEKS in the Book of Enoch?
In a literal sense, the word “week” refers to the number SEVEN. In order to understand the prophecy, we need now to interpret the time frames to which Enoch referred.
We must pay attention to the events during each WEEK. This will help us to match it with the correct time frame on God’s prophetic calendar.
In order to interpret Enoch’s prophecies about WEEKS of time, we need to know whether or not he is referring to:
– 7 days.
– 7 years.
– 49 years.
– time multiplied in sevens.
The Book of Jubilees might be helpful in the interpretation of WEEKS
The Book of Jubilees is an ancient Jewish text that divides time into WEEKS. Here is a parallel from Jubilees with the Book of Enoch 93:
And the angel of the presence who went before the camp of Israel took the tables of the divisions of the years -from the time of the creation- of the law and of the testimony of the weeks of the jubilees,
according to the individual years, according to all the number of the jubilees [according, to the individual years],
from the day of the [new] creation when the heavens and the earth shall be renewed and all their creation according to the powers of the heaven, and according to all the creation of the earth,
until the sanctuary of the Lord shall be made in Jerusalem on Mount Zion,
and all the luminaries be renewed for healing and for peace and for blessing for all the elect of Israel, and that thus it may be from that day and unto all the days of the earth
This article titled How old is the earth? may help us to identify time frames necessary for interpreting the word WEEKS
How many weeks are there in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93?
Enoch refers to seven eras or periods of time called WEEKS:
Book of Enoch Chapter 93
1. And after that Enoch both gave and began to recount from the books. And Enoch said:
‘Concerning the children of righteousness and concerning the elect of the world,
And concerning the plant of uprightness, I will speak these things,
Yea, I Enoch will declare (them) unto you, my sons:
According to that which appeared to me in the heavenly vision,
And which I have known through the word of the holy angels,
And have learnt from the heavenly tablets.’
The First week in the Book of Enoch
3. And Enoch began to recount from the books and said:
‘I was born the seventh in the first week,
While judgement and righteousness still endured.
The second week in the Book of Enoch
4. And after me there shall arise in the second week great wickedness,
And deceit shall have sprung up;
And in it there shall be the first end.
And in it a man shall be saved;
And after it is ended unrighteousness shall grow up,
And a law shall be made for the sinners.
The third week in the Book of Enoch
5. And after that in the third week at its close
A man shall be elected as the plant of righteous judgement,
And his posterity shall become the plant of righteousness for evermore.
The fourth week in the Book of Enoch
6. And after that in the fourth week, at its close,
Visions of the holy and righteous shall be seen,
And a law for all generations and an enclosure shall be made for them.
The fifth week in the Book of Enoch
7. And after that in the fifth week, at its close,
The house of glory and dominion shall be built for ever.
The sixth week in the Book of Enoch
8. And after that in the sixth week all who live in it shall be blinded,
And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly forsake wisdom.
And in it a man shall ascend;
And at its close the house of dominion shall be burnt with fire,
And the whole race of the chosen root shall be dispersed.
The seventh week in the Book of Enoch
10. And at its close shall be elected
The elect righteous of the eternal plant of righteousness,
To receive sevenfold instruction concerning all His creation.
The effect of The Holy One during the seventh week
[11. For who is there of all the children of men that is able to hear the voice of the Holy One without being troubled?
And who can think His thoughts?
And who is there that can behold all the works of heaven?
12. And how should there be one who could behold the heaven,
or ascend and see all their ends and think them or do like them?
13. And who is there of all men that could know what is the breadth and the length of the earth, and to whom has been shown the measure of all of them?
14. Or is there any one who could discern the length of the heaven and how great is its height,
and upon what it is founded,
and how great is the number of the stars, and where all the luminaries rest?]
Read the interpretation – Meaning of WEEKS: Book Of Enoch Chapter 93.
Key phrases in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
Plant of righteousness – Christ.
Plant of uprightness – this is Christ.
Chosen root – nation of Israel.