Table Of Contents
- 1 The Resurrection Of Christ.
- 2 Book of Enoch Chapter 92
- 2.1 Who is the Righteous One?
- 2.2 The Righteous One AKA Elect One In The Bible.
- 2.3 The resurrection of Christ in the Bible
- 2.4 Resurrection in the Book of Enoch
- 2.5 The righteous fall asleep when they die
- 2.6 Jesus confirmed that the righteous are not dead, but sleeping
- 2.7 Other references to sleeping in the Bible
- 2.8 The resurrection of the dead in the Bible.
- 2.9 Resources.
The Resurrection Of Christ.
– The Elect One Of Righteousness And Faith.
– The Elect One Who Carries Righteousness.
– The Son Of Man.
Book of Enoch Chapter 92
1. The book written by Enoch
[Enoch indeed wrote this complete doctrine of wisdom, (which is) praised of all men and a judge of all the earth] for all my children who shall dwell on the earth.
And for the future generations who shall observe uprightness and peace.
2. Let not your spirit be troubled on account of the times;
For the Holy and Great One has appointed days for all things.
3. And the righteous one shall arise from sleep,
[Shall arise] and walk in the paths of righteousness,
And all his path and conversation shall be in eternal goodness and grace.
4. He will be gracious to the righteous and give him eternal uprightness,
And He will give him power so that he shall be (endowed) with goodness and righteousness.
And he shall walk in eternal light.
5. And sin shall perish in darkness for ever,
And shall no more be seen from that day for evermore.
Who is the Righteous One?
When we read the texts of the Book of Enoch Chapter 92, we realize that Enoch foretold of Christ’s resurrection.
In order to discover this answer, I performed a word search for “The Righteous One” on this website.
I discovered that “The Righteous One” is:
– The Elect One Of Righteousness And Of Faith – Book of Enoch 39: 6a.
– The Elect One Who Has The Spirit Of Righteousness And Who Is Seated On The Throne Of Glory – Book of Enoch 62:: 1 – 3.
1. And thus the Lord commanded the kings and the mighty and the exalted, and those who dwell on the earth, and said:
‘Open your eyes and lift up your horns if ye are able to recognize the Elect One.’
2. And the Lord of Spirits seated him on the throne of His glory,
And the spirit of righteousness was poured out upon him,
And the word of his mouth slays all the sinners,
And all the unrighteous are destroyed from before his face.
3. And there shall stand up in that day all the kings and the mighty,
And the exalted and those who hold the earth,
And they shall see and recognize How he sits on the throne of his glory,
And righteousness is judged before him,
And no lying word is spoken before him.
– The Son Of Man – Book Of Enoch 70: 13 – 17
The Son of Man who is born unto righteousness
And righteousness abides over Him…
– The Lord of Righteousness – Book of Enoch CVI 3.
Word search for The Righteous One in the Book of Enoch.
The Righteous One AKA Elect One In The Bible.
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD
And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
The resurrection of Christ in the Bible
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee.
Resurrection in the Book of Enoch
Enoch used the phrase “rise from sleep” to refer to the resurrection of the dead. In fact, the righteous are not seen as dead people but sleeping:
There is an Archangel assigned to the resurrected:
Remiel, one of the Holy Angels, whom God set over those who rise.
Resurrection of the righteous in the Book of Enoch 62: 14 – 16
14. And the Lord of Spirits will abide over them,
And with that Son of Man shall they eat
And lie down and rise up for ever and ever.
15. And the righteous and elect shall have risen from the earth,
And ceased to be of downcast countenance.
And they shall have been clothed with garments of glory
16. And these shall be the garments of life from the Lord of Spirits:
And your garments shall not grow old,
Nor your glory pass away before the Lord of Spirits.
And the righteous shall rise from their sleep
And wisdom shall be given to them.
The righteous fall asleep when they die
And the spirit of those who have fallen asleep in righteousness.
…those who understand it shall not sleep.
Jesus confirmed that the righteous are not dead, but sleeping
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Other references to sleeping in the Bible
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
The resurrection of the dead in the Bible.
Resurrection was practiced by
Christ the Messiah.