Table Of Contents
- 1 The Book of the courses of the heavenly luminaries: Book Of Enoch Audio
The Book of the courses of the heavenly luminaries: Book Of Enoch Audio
“The Book of the Courses of the Heavenly Luminaries begins a new segment of the Book of Enoch Audio. The extensive content is described in the Book of Enoch Chapters 72 – 82.
In this segment, Enoch the Apostle provides minute details about light-giving celestial bodies such as the sun, moon, stars.
This is a highly recommended reading for scientists like astronomers, astronauts. This is because Enoch’s revelations could be subjected to scientific investigation.
However, much consideration needs to be given to the paradigm from which Enoch the Apostle brings the revelation.
He is not under the Gregorian system, but referring to the way in which God counts time, seasons, days, months and years.
The discourse begins with the revelations about the sun, which God created on the fourth day of Creation:
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth.
Heavenly luminaries meaning
The term heavenly luminaries refer to bodies that give light in the celestial regions or in the heavens or in space. (Merriam-Webster, 2021).
Keywords to understanding the meanings in the courses of the heavenly luminaries
These are the interpretations that I’ve grasped to date:
Portal – a coordinate on the compass.
Eastern Portals – the sun rises here – East or the coordinate called East OR the point of the compass called east.
Western portals – the sun sets here – West or the coordinate called West OR the point of the compass called west.
Six portals in which the sun rises – refer to the six points of the compass in which the sun rises. This can be verified by astronomical databases.
Six portals in which the sun sets – refer to the six points of the compass in which the sun rises. This can be verified by astronomical databases.
Six portals in which the moon rises – refer to the six points of the compass in which the moon rises. This can be verified by astronomical databases.
Six portals in which the moon sets – refer to the six points of the compass in which the moon sets. This can be verified by astronomical databases.
Book of Enoch Audio: Chapters 72
1. The book of the courses of the luminaries of the heaven, the relations of each, according to their classes, their dominion and their seasons, according to their names and places of origin, and according to their months,
which Uriel, the holy angel, who was with me, who is their guide, showed me;
and he showed me all their laws exactly as they are, and how it is with regard to all the years of the world and unto eternity, till the new creation is accomplished which dureth till eternity.
2. And this is the first law of the luminaries:
the luminary the Sun has its rising in the eastern portals of the heaven, and its setting in the western portals of the heaven.
3. And I saw six portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets and the moon rises and sets in these portals,
and the leaders of the stars and those whom they lead: six in the east and six in the west, and all following each other in accurately corresponding order: also many windows to the right and left of these portals.
4. And first there goes forth the great luminary, named the Sun, and his circumference is like the circumference of the heaven, and he is quite filled with illuminating and heating fire.
5. The chariot on which he ascends, the wind drives, and the sun goes down from the heaven and returns through the north in order to reach the east,
and is so guided that he comes to the appropriate (lit. ‘that’) portal and shines in the face of the heaven.
6. In this way he rises in the first month in the great portal, which is the fourth ⌈those six portals in the cast⌉.
7. And in that fourth portal from which the sun rises in the first month are twelve window-openings, from which proceed a flame when they are opened in their season.
8. When the sun rises in the heaven, he comes forth through that fourth portal thirty mornings in succession, and sets accurately in the fourth portal in the west of the heaven.
9. And during this period the day becomes daily longer and the night nightly shorter to the thirtieth morning.
10. On that day the day is longer than the night by a ninth part, and the day amounts exactly to ten parts and the night to eight parts.
11. And the sun rises from that fourth portal, and sets in the fourth and returns to the fifth portal of the east thirty mornings, and rises from it and sets in the fifth portal.
12. And then the day becomes longer by †two† parts and amounts to eleven parts, and the night becomes shorter and amounts to seven parts.
13. And it returns to the east and enters into the sixth portal, and rises and sets in the sixth portal one-and-thirty mornings on account of its sign.
14. On that day the day becomes longer than the night, and the day becomes double the night, and the day becomes twelve parts, and the night is shortened and becomes six parts.
15. And the sun mounts up to make the day shorter and the night longer, and the sun returns to the east and enters into the sixth portal, and rises from it and sets thirty mornings.
16. And when thirty mornings are accomplished, the day decreases by exactly one part, and becomes eleven parts, and the night seven.
17. And the sun goes forth from that sixth portal in the west, and goes to the east and rises in the fifth portal for thirty mornings, and sets in the west again in the fifth western portal.
18. On that day the day decreases by †two† parts, and amounts to ten parts and the night to eight parts.
19. And the sun goes forth from that fifth portal and sets in the fifth portal of the west, and rises in the fourth portal for one-and-thirty mornings on account of its sign, and sets in the west.
20. On that day the day is equalized with the night, [and becomes of equal length], and the night amounts to nine parts and the day to nine parts.
21. And the sun rises from that portal and sets in the west, and returns to the east and rises thirty mornings in the third portal and sets in the west in the third portal.
22. And on that day the night becomes longer than the day, and night becomes longer than night, and day shorter than day till the thirtieth morning, and the night amounts exactly to ten parts and the day to eight parts.
23. And the sun rises from that third portal and sets in the third portal in the west and returns to the east,
and for thirty mornings rises in the second portal in the east, and in like manner sets in the second portal in the west of the heaven.
24. And on that day the night amounts to eleven parts and the day to seven parts.
25. And the sun rises on that day from that second portal and sets in the est in the second portal, and returns to the east into the first portal for one-and-thirty mornings, and sets in the first portal in the west of the heaven.
26. And on that day the night becomes longer and amounts to the double of the day: and the night amounts exactly to twelve parts and the day to six.
27. And the sun has (therewith) traversed the divisions of his orbit and turns again on those divisions of his orbit, and enters that portal thirty mornings and sets also in the west opposite to it.
28. And on that night has the night decreased in length by a †ninth† part, and the night has become eleven parts and the day seven parts.
29. And the sun has returned and entered into the second portal in the east, and returns on those his divisions of his orbit for thirty mornings, rising and setting.
30. And on that day the night decreases in length, and the night amounts to ten parts and the day to eight.
31. And on that day the sun rises from that portal, and sets in the west, and returns to the east, and rises in the third portal for one-and-thirty mornings, and sets in the west of the heaven.
32. On that day the night decreases and amounts to nine parts, and the day to nine parts, and the night is equal to the day and the year is exactly as to its days three hundred and sixty-four.
33. And the length of the day and of the night, and the shortness of the day and of the night arise–through the course of the sun these distinctions are made (lit. ‘they are separated’).
34. So it comes that its course becomes daily longer, and its course nightly shorter.
36. And that which (thus) rises is the great luminary, and is so named according to its appearance, according as the Lord commanded.
37. As he rises, so he sets and decreases not, and rests not, but runs day and night, and his light is sevenfold brighter than that of the moon; but as regards size they are both equal.
Time and Date – the world’s top-ranking website for time, sun and moon phases etecetra.
Moonrise positions August 2021, Kingstown St. Vincent/Grenadines
We’re able to find four points up to August 30th. I wonder if the other two portals would be seen if the compass is redefined according to European tradition. In this system, a compass has 32 points. (Wikipedia, 2021).
August 1st – 10th, 2021.
August 11th – 13th, 2021.
August 14th – 22nd, 2021
August 23rd – 26th, 2021.
August 27th- 29th, 2021