Table Of Contents
- 1 About the final translation of Enoch in the Book Of Enoch Audio
- 1.1 What does it mean to be translated?
- 1.2 What does it mean to be transfigured?
- 1.3 Highlights of the final translation of Enoch according to Enoch 70: 1 – 4
- 1.4 The final translation of Enoch in the Bible
- 1.5 The final translation of Enoch in the Book of Jasher.
- 1.6 When was Enoch first translated?
- 1.7 Four other translations in the Bible
- 1.8 Book of Enoch Audio Chapter 70
- 1.9 Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 71
- 1.10 REFERENCES
This fascinating chapter describes the final translation of Enoch in the Book of Enoch Audio. In other words, Enoch was carried up to Heaven while alive. He was therefore removed from the earth and from the censuses that were taken.
According to the Book of Jasher 3, a horse descended from Heaven for Enoch. He was given some time to complete his work after which he rode on the horse. The horse traveled for seven days and Enoch ascended to Heaven on the seventh day.
Like Prophet Elijah, Enoch ascended into heaven in a “whirlwind, with horses and chariots of fire.” Book of Jasher 3: 36.
What does it mean to be translated?
When Enoch was translated:
he ascended into Heaven.
his outer body was no longer paramount.
his spirit was transfigured or changed.
he became like the inhabitants of Heaven.
What does it mean to be transfigured?
Enoch in Chapter 71: 11 said, “my spirit was transfigured.” During this transfiguration, he took on the appearance of the heavenly inhabitants. He also began to worship God like them:
his voice became very loud.
he blessed God.
On hearing his worship, The Head of Days appeared.
The Head of Days was pleased with his worship.
Four of the Archangels appeared.
An innumerable company of Angelsjoined him.
The Son of Man appeared.
Compare with the transfiguration of Christ.
Highlights of the final translation of Enoch according to Enoch 70: 1 – 4
… his name during his lifetime was raised aloft to that Son of Man and to the Lord of Spirits from amongst those who dwell on the earth.
2. … he was raised aloft on the chariots of the spirit and his name vanished among them.
3. … from that day I was no longer numbered amongst them.
The final translation of Enoch in the Bible
The Bible spoke about the final translation of Enoch. In the words of Genesis, he “was not.” In other words, he was removed from the earth.
Synonyms for Greek word for translated are removed, carried over and changed.
And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
The final translation of Enoch in the Book of Jasher.
This is an excerpt of the final translation of Enoch from the Book of Jasher 3:
27 And at that time the sons of men were with Enoch, and Enoch was speaking to them, and they lifted up their eyes and the likeness of a great horse descended from heaven, and the horse paced in the air;
28 And they told Enoch what they had seen, and Enoch said to them, On my account does this horse descend upon earth; the time is come when I must go from you and I shall no more be seen by you.
29 And the horse descended at that time and stood before Enoch, and all the sons of men that were with Enoch saw him.
32 And it was after this that he rose up and rode upon the horse; and he went forth and all the sons of men went after him, about eight hundred thousand men; and they went with him one day’s journey.
36 And when the kings returned they caused a census to be taken, in order to know the number of remaining men that went with Enoch; and it was upon the seventh day that Enoch ascended into heaven in a whirlwind, with horses and chariots of fire.
37 And on the eighth day all the kings that had been with Enoch sent to bring back the number of men that were with Enoch, in that place from which he ascended into heaven.
Book of Jasher, Chapter 4: 1 & 2:
1 And all the days that Enoch lived upon earth, were three hundred and sixty-five years.
2 And when Enoch had ascended into heaven, all the kings of the earth rose and took Methuselah his son and anointed him, and they caused him to reign over them in the place of his father.
When was Enoch first translated?
It seems to me that the first translation of Enoch was documented in Chapters 14: 8 & 9. This vision had a very long duration.
During the vision, he described himself as falling asleep on his face in the Presence of God and angels waking him. This is a stark contrast from the visions which he saw in his sleep while on the earth:
8. And the vision was shown to me thus: Behold, in the vision clouds invited me and a mist summoned me, and the course of the stars and the lightnings sped and hastened me, and the winds in the vision caused me to fly and lifted me upward, and bore me into heaven.
9. And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright me.
Four other translations in the Bible
Elijah was also translated in a manner similar to Enoch
And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
Christ was translated into Heaven
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel.
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Apostle Paul was translated into Heaven
2 Corinthians 12:3
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
2 Corinthians 12:4
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Apostle John was translated into Heaven
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Book of Enoch Audio Chapter 70
The Final Translation of Enoch.
1. And it came to pass after this that his name during his lifetime was raised aloft to that Son of Man and to the Lord of Spirits from amongst those who dwell on the earth.
2. And he was raised aloft on the chariots of the spirit and his name vanished among them.
3. And from that day I was no longer numbered amongst them: and he set me between the two winds, between the North and the West, where the angels took the cords to measure for me the place for the elect and righteous.
4. And there I saw the first fathers and the righteous who from the beginning dwell in that place.
Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 71
Two earlier visions of Enoch.
1. And it came to pass after this that my spirit was translated
And it ascended into the heavens:
And I saw the holy sons of God.
They were stepping on flames of fire:
Their garments were white [and their raiment],
And their faces shone like snow.
2. And I saw two streams of fire,
And the light of that fire shone like hyacinth,
And I fell on my face before the Lord of Spirits.
3. And the angel Michael [one of the archangels] seized me by my right hand,
And lifted me up and led me forth into all the secrets,
And he showed me all the secrets of righteousness.
4. And he showed me all the secrets of the ends of the heaven,
And all the chambers of all the stars, and all the luminaries,
Whence they proceed before the face of the holy ones.
5. And he translated my spirit into the heaven of heavens,
And I saw there as it were a structure built of crystals,
And between those crystals tongues of living fire.
6. And my spirit saw the girdle which girt that house of fire,
And on its four sides were streams full of living fire,
And they girt that house.
7. And round about were Seraphin, Cherubic, and Ophannin:
And these are they who sleep not
And guard the throne of His glory.
8. And I saw angels who could not be counted,
A thousand thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand,
Encircling that house.
And Michael, and Raphael, and Gabriel, and Phanuel,
And the holy angels who are above the heavens,
Go in and out of that house.
9. And they came forth from that house,
And Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel,
And many holy angels without number.
10. And with them the Head of Days,
His head white and pure as wool,
And His raiment indescribable.
11. And I fell on my face,
And my whole body became relaxed,
And my spirit was transfigured;
And I cried with a loud voice,
. . .with the spirit of power,
And blessed and glorified and extolled.
12. And these blessings which went forth out of my mouth were well pleasing before that Head of Days.
13. And that Head of Days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, thousands and ten thousands of angels without number.
[Lost passage wherein the Son of Man was described as accompanying the Head of Days, and Enoch asked one of the angels (as in 463) concerning the Son of Man as to who he was.]
14. And he (i.e. the angel) came to me and greeted me with His voice, and said unto me:
‘This is the Son of Man who is born unto righteousness;
And righteousness abides over him,
And the righteousness of the Head of Days forsakes him not.’
15. And he said unto me:
‘He proclaims unto thee peace in the name of the world to come;
For from hence has proceeded peace since the creation of the world,
And so shall it be unto thee for ever and for ever and ever.
16. And all shall walk in his ways since righteousness never forsaketh him:
With him will be their dwelling-places, and with him their heritage,
And they shall not be separated from him for ever and ever and ever.
17. And so there shall be length of days with that Son of Man,
And the righteous shall have peace and an upright way
In the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.’
More from the translation of Enoch in Chapter 14: 8..