Table Of Contents
The Stars in the Book Of Enoch Audio
Enoch the Apostle describes the Stars in the Book of Enoch. This is found in Chapter 75.
Keywords in the Book of Enoch Chapter 75
The Leaders of the heads of the thousands
Enoch said that they “render service on the four days which are not reckoned in the reckoning of the year.” These might refer to constellations that appear during the beginning of the seasons.
What constellations are present during the change of seasons?
– Vernal or Spring Equinox- March 20 – Pisces.
– Summer Solstice- June 21 – Gemini.
– Autumnal Equinox- September 23- Virgo.
– Winter Solstice – December 22 – Sagittarius.
Heads of the thousands
Maybe constellation of stars. A constellation is a group of stars that form a pattern in the sky.
Well-known constellations include Orion the Great Hunter, Leo the Lion, or Taurus the Bull. There are 88 “official” constellations (Global ACN, 2021).
Refers to thousands of stars. There are billions of stars. Some stars lie outside of the constellations.
Days marking the beginning of the astronomical seasons.
Four intercalary days
Days marking the beginning of the four astronomical seasons. These days are not counted in the calendar.
A coordinate that represents a day of the year. There are three hundred and sixty-four.
Book of Enoch: Chapter 75
> Stars and their descriptions.
1. And the leaders of the heads of the thousands, who are placed over the whole creation and over all the stars, have also to do with the four intercalary days, being inseparable from their office,
according to the reckoning of the year, and these render service on the four days which are not reckoned in the reckoning of the year.
2. And owing to them men go wrong therein, for those luminaries truly render service on the world-stations,
and the exactness of the year is accomplished through its separate three hundred and sixty-four stations.
3. For the signs and the times and the years and the days the angel Uriel showed to me, whom the Lord of glory hath set forever over all the luminaries of the heaven, in the heaven and in the world,
that they should rule on the face of the heaven and be seen on the earth, and be leaders for the day and the night,
i.e. the sun, moon, and stars, and all the ministering creatures which make their revolution in all the chariots of the heaven.
4. In like manner twelve doors Uriel showed me, open in the circumference of the sun’s chariot in the heaven, through which the rays of the sun break forth:
and from them is warmth diffused over the earth, when they are opened at their appointed seasons.
5. [And for the winds and the spirit of the dew† when they are opened, standing open in the heavens at the ends.]
6. As for the twelve portals in the heaven, at the ends of the earth, out of which go forth the sun, moon, and stars, and all the works of heaven in the east and in the west.
7. There are many windows open to the left and right of them, and one window at its (appointed) season produces warmth, corresponding (as these do)
to those doors from which the stars come forth according as He has commanded them, and wherein they set corresponding to their number.
8. And I saw chariots in the heaven, running in the world, above those portals in which revolve the stars that never set.
9. And one is larger than all the rest, and it is that that makes its course through the entire world.
Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 76
The Twelve Windows and their Portals.
1 And at the ends of the earth I saw twelve portals open to all the quarters (of the heaven), from which the winds go forth and blow over the earth.
2. Three of them are open
on the face (i.e. the east) of the heavens,
and three in the west,
and three on the right (i.e. the south) of the heaven,
and three on the left (i.e. the north).
3. And the three first are those of the east,
and three are of †the north,
and three [after those on the left] of the south†,
and three of the west.
4. Through four of these come winds of blessing and prosperity,
and from those eight come hurtful winds: when they are sent, they bring destruction on all the earth and on the water upon it, and on all who dwell thereon, and on everything which is in the water and on the land.
5. And the first wind from those portals, called the east wind, comes forth through the first portal which is in the east, inclining towards the south: from it come forth desolation, drought, heat, and destruction.
6. And through the second portal in the middle comes what is fitting, and from it there come rain and fruitfulness and prosperity and dew; and through the third portal which lies toward the north come cold and drought.
7. And after these come forth the south winds through three portals: through the first portal of them inclining to the east comes forth a hot wind.
8. And through the middle portal next to it there come forth fragrant smells, and dew and rain, and prosperity and health.
9. And through the third portal lying to the west come forth dew and rain, locusts and desolation.
10. And after these the north winds: from the seventh portal in the east come dew and rain, locusts and desolation.
11. And from the middle portal come in a direct direction health and rain and dew and prosperity, and through the third portal in the west come cloud and hoar-frost, and snow and rain, and dew and locusts.
12. And after these [four] are the west winds: through the first portal adjoining the north come forth dew and hoar-frost, and cold and snow and frost.
And from the middle portal come forth dew and rain, and prosperity and blessing; and through the last portal which adjoins the south come forth drought and desolation, and burning and destruction.