Table Of Contents
- 1 Names Of The Fallen Angels:Book Of Noah Fragment
- 1.1 What is the oath
- 1.2 Why are we given the names of the chiefs of these fallen angels?
- 1.3 The names of Angels are not readily revealed to humans.
- 1.4 Fallen angels in the bible KJV were referred to as Sons of God.
- 1.5 Other biblical references to Angels as Sons of God.
- 1.6 Adam is referred to as a Son of God
- 1.7 Jesus is the Son of God
- 1.8 Born again humans are brought back into God’s family as Sons of God.
- 1.9 Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 68
- 1.10 Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 69
- 1.11 Like this:
- 1.12 Related
Names Of The Fallen Angels:Book Of Noah Fragment
The Names Of The Fallen Angels: Book of Noah Fragment, are contained in Chapters 68 – 69 of the Book of Enoch. These chapters include the following content:
1. Michael and Raphael astonished at the Severity of the Judgement.
2. The Names and Functions of the (fallen Angels and) Satans: the secret Oath.
Chapters 68 – 69 are possibly among the most fascinating chapters in the Book of Enoch. We are given a prelude to the circumstances causing these fallen angels to sin. We learn that angels also have the choice to obey or to rebel against God.
What is the oath
We learn about the oath that the leader obtained from Archangel Michael and how he twisted the oath. The concept of OATH and twisting or perversion of the holy things of God is of importance in the Book of Enoch.
When interpreted in the light of Book of Enoch 69: 13 – 25, we deduce that the oath is:
– The Word of God – that He uses to bring things into existence.
– The Word of God that upholds all things:
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Why are we given the names of the chiefs of these fallen angels?
The question we need to ask is why were the names of these fallen angels revealed. We are only given the names of the chiefs. Later in the Book of Enoch, it is shown that these fallen angels would appear to humans and deceive them into serving them as gods.
I believe that God documented the names of these fallen angels in order to warn humans about them. If you know an angel or follow the teachings of angels with any of these names, you are in great danger. You need to disconnect immediately:
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
The names of Angels are not readily revealed to humans.
Cross-references in the bible reveal that the names of Angels are not readily revealed to humans. For example, God appeared to Manoah as the Angel of God. Manoah asked the Lord, to reveal his name. However, the Lord refused to divulge it:
And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?
Names of Angels are revealed when the mission is extremely important
Names of Angels in the Bible were revealed when the mission was very important to the human race or when the receiver was very trusted. Here are three examples:
1. Daniel the Apostle was fully aware of the names of the Angels who visited:
And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
2. Archangel Gabriel revealed his name to Zechariah the father of John the Baptist.
Archangel Gabriel gave his name to Zechariah when He appeared in the temple. However, he did so only because he was provoked by Zechariah’s doubt. John the Baptist was the Apostle who was the messenger who would point people to Christ the Messiah:
And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
3. I infer that Archangel Gabriel gave His name to Mary:
And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth.
Fallen angels in the bible KJV were referred to as Sons of God.
The bible uses the term “Sons of God” to refer to Angels in general. It is very sad that we first encountered this phrase in association with fallen angels.
The record in the Book of Genesis confirms that fallen angels descended to earth to have children with women. Their action caused God to become extremely angry:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them.
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
God passed a very severe sentence against these fallen angels for their sin:
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
Other biblical references to Angels as Sons of God.
The Bible shows us that there are other Angels in Heaven who are referred to as Sons of God. The Angels are so-called because they are His creations:
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Adam is referred to as a Son of God
Adam is the first son of God who was created in the earth. However, he and all human descendants lost this position when he became a child of satan by mutiny:
…Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Jesus is the Son of God
Jesus is the Eternal God and Son of God. He existed before all things and was present at the beginning of the earth. These fallen angels knew Him because He created them:
And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Born again humans are brought back into God’s family as Sons of God.
Scriptures reveal that humans who are reborn back into God’s family become Sons of God. In other words, the nature of God is restored to them and they behave and live like God:
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 68
Michael and Raphael astonished at the Severity of the Judgement.
1. And after that my grandfather Enoch gave me the teaching of all the secrets in the book in the Parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the Parables.
2. And on that day Michael answered Raphael and said:
‘The power of the spirit transports and makes me to tremble because of the severity of the judgement of the secrets,
the judgement of the angels: who can endure the severe judgement which has been executed, and before which they melt away?’
3. And Michael answered again, and said to Raphael:
‘Who is he whose heart is not softened concerning it, and whose reins are not troubled by this word of judgement (that) has gone forth upon them because of those who have thus led them out?’
4. And it came to pass when he stood before the Lord of Spirits, Michael said thus to Raphael:
‘I will not take their part under the eye of the Lord; for the Lord of Spirits has been angry with them because they do as if they were the Lord.
Therefore all that is hidden shall come upon them for ever and ever; for neither angel nor man shall have his portion (in it), but alone they have received their judgement for ever and ever.’
Book of Enoch Audio: Chapter 69
The Names and Functions of the (fallen Angels and) Satans: the secret Oath.
1 And after this judgement they shall terrify and make them to tremble because they have shown this to those who dwell on the earth.
2 And behold the names of those angels [and these are their names:
the first of them is Samjâzâ, the second Artâqîfâ, and the third Armên,
the fourth Kôkabêl, the fifth †Tûrâêl†, the sixth Rûmjâl,
the seventh Dânjâl, the eighth †Nêqâêl†, the ninth Barâqêl,
the tenth Azâzêl, the eleventh Armârôs, the twelfth Batarjâl,
the thirteenth †Busasêjal†, the fourteenth Hanânêl, the fifteenth †Tûrêl†,
and the sixteenth Sîmâpêsîêl, the seventeenth Jetrêl, the eighteenth Tûmâêl,
the nineteenth Tûrêl, the twentieth †Rumâêl†, the twenty-first †Azâzêl†.
3. And these are the chiefs of their angels and their names, and their chief ones over hundreds and over fifties and over tens].
4. The name of the first Jeqôn: that is, the one who led astray ⌈all⌉ the sons of God, and brought them down to the earth, and led them astray through the daughters of men.
5. And the second was named Asbeêl: he imparted to the holy sons of God evil counsel, and led them astray so that they defiled their bodies with the daughters of men.
6. And the third was named Gâdreêl: he it is who showed the children of men all the blows of death, and he led astray Eve,
and showed ⌈the weapons of death to the sons of men⌉ the shield and the coat of mail, and the sword for battle, and all the weapons of death to the children of men.
7. And from his hand they have proceeded against those who dwell on the earth from that day and for evermore.
8. And the fourth was named Pênêmûe: he taught the children of men the bitter and the sweet, and he taught them all the secrets of their wisdom.
9. And he instructed mankind in writing with ink and paper, and thereby many sinned from eternity to eternity and until this day.
10. For men were not created for such a purpose, to give confirmation to their good faith with pen and ink.
11. For men were created exactly like the angels, to the intent that they should continue pure and righteous, and death, which destroys everything, could not have taken hold of them, but through this their knowledge they are perishing, and through this power it is consuming me†.
12. And the fifth was named Kâsdejâ: this is he who showed the children of men all the wicked smitings of spirits and demons, and the smitings of the embryo in the womb, that it may pass away,
and [the smitings of the soul] the bites of the serpent, and the smitings which befall through the noontide heat, the son of the serpent named Tabââ‘ĕt.
Kâsbeêl the fallen angel asked Archangel Michael to reveal the secret oath.
13. And this is the task of Kâsbeêl, the chief of the oath which he showed to the holy ones when he dwelt high above in glory, and its name is Bîqâ.
14. This (angel) requested Michael to show him the hidden name, that he might enunciate it in the oath, so that those might quake before that name and oath who revealed all that was in secret to the children of men.
The creative power of the secret oath.
15. And this is the power of this oath, for it is powerful and strong, and he placed this oath Akâe in the hand of Michael. 16 And these are the secrets of this oath . . .
And they are strong through his oath:
And the heaven was suspended before the world was created,
And for ever.
17. And through it the earth was founded upon the water,
And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters,
From the creation of the world and unto eternity.
18. And through that oath the sea was created,
And †as its foundation† He set for it the sand against the time of (its) anger,
And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.
19. And through that oath are the depths made fast,
And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.
20. And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course,
And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.
21. And through that oath the stars complete their course,
And He calls them by their names,
And they answer Him from eternity to eternity.
⌈22. And in like manner the spirits of the water, and of the winds, and of all zephyrs, and (their) paths from all the quarters of the winds.
23. And there are preserved the voices of the thunder and the light of the lightnings: and there are preserved the chambers of the hail and the chambers of the hoarfrost, and the chambers of the mist, and the chambers of the rain and the dew.
24. And all these believe and give thanks before the Lord of Spirits, and glorify (Him) with all their power, and their food is in every act of thanksgiving: they thank and glorify and extol the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.⌉
25. And this oath is mighty over them
And through it ⌈they are preserved and⌉ their paths are preserved,
And their course is not destroyed.
Close of the Third Parable.
26. And there was great joy amongst them,
And they blessed and glorified and extolled
Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them.
27. And he sat on the throne of his glory,
And the sum of judgement was given unto the Son of Man,
And he caused the sinners to pass away and be destroyed from off the face of the earth,
And those who have led the world astray.
28. With chains shall they be bound,
And in their assemblage-place of destruction shall they be imprisoned,
And all their works vanish from the face of the earth.
29. And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible;
For that Son of Man has appeared,
And has seated himself on the throne of his glory,
And all evil shall pass away before his face,
And the word of that Son of Man shall go forth
And be strong before the Lord of Spirits.