Table Of Contents
- 1 Meaning of WEEKS in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
- 1.1 Clues to the word Weeks in the Bible and Book of Jubilles
- 1.2 How time was counted in Jubilees in the Book of Jubilees
- 1.3 Timelines in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93 when WEEK = 1000 years
- 1.4 The FIRST WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
- 1.5 What does Enoch mean when he said he was born in the first week?
- 1.6 The SECOND WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
- 1.7 Meaning of the SECOND WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
- 1.8 The THIRD Week in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
- 1.9 Interpretation of the THIRD Week in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
- 1.10 The fourth week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.11 The FIFTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.12 Meaning of the FIFTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.13 The SIXTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.14 Meaning of the SIXTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.15 The SEVENTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.16 Meaning of the SEVENTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
- 1.17 Did God shorten the days, times, between Weeks 5 and 6?
Meaning of WEEKS in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
This article explores the Meaning of WEEKS in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93. I will attempt to interpret the time frames and their events in the chapter.
Read the previous chapter titled Weeks In The Book Of Enoch
Clues to the word Weeks in the Bible and Book of Jubilles
Here are ways in which the word WEEK is used in the Bible and Book of Jubilees:
– One week = seven days from the time of the Creation.
– One week equals seven years.
This is a counting system used for years of a person’s life in the Book of Jubilees.
– 70 weeks equals 490 years in the prophecy given by Archangel Gabriel to Daniel (Daniel 9:24).
– Count SEVEN Weeks or forty-nine days from the Passover.
The fiftieth day is Pentecost or the Feast of Weeks.
– Count to the seventh month on God’s calendar (Jewish month) to arrive at the Feast of Pentecost.
– Count every SEVEN year from the Creation.
The Shemitah or Sabbatical occurs in every seventh year of time.
– Count every SEVEN year from the Creation to get to the forty-ninth year.
The fiftieth year is the Jubilee.
How time was counted in Jubilees in the Book of Jubilees
Time was counted in 50 year periods
The Book of Jubilees is an ancient Jewish text in which time is counted in weeks and Jubilees or fifty-year periods.
the first Jubilee – Year 1 to 50.
the second Jubilee – Year 51 to 100.
And so on
Weeks of the Jubiilee in the Book of Jubilee
Every SEVEN YEAR period in the Book of Jubilees equals ONE WEEK.
The first week of the first jubilee (Jubilees 3 15) = Years 1 to seven.
The first Jubilee – Year 50.
Cain was born in the third week in the second Jubilee (Jubilees 4: 1)…where
third week – Year 21 of that Jubilee…which is also equivalent to the seventy-first year after the Creation.
The second Jubilee = Year 100
Timelines in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93 when WEEK = 1000 years
According to the time frames and events in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93, it seems that Enoch is speaking about 1000 year periods.
Therefore, these are the timelines:
WEEK 1 – Day 1 of Creation to the Year 1000.
WEEK 2 – Year 1001 – 2000.
WEEK 3 – Year 2001 to 3000.
WEEK 4 – Year 3001 – 4000.
WEEK 5 – Year 4001 – 5000
WEEK 6 – Year 5001 – 6000.
WEEK 7 – Year 6001 – 7000.
The FIRST WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
And Enoch began to recount from the books and said:
‘I was born the seventh in the first week,
While judgement and righteousness still endured. (Book of Enoch 93: 3).
Interpretation of the FIRST WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
WEEK 1 goes from Day 1 of Creation to the Year 1000.
Enoch is born – born 622 years after creation (PPPMinistries, 2010).
Judgement and righteousness still endured on the earth during this era.
What does Enoch mean when he said he was born in the first week?
We are using the current understanding that WEEK = 1000 years.
Therefore, this is the time period from Day 1 of Creation to the Year 1000.
Apostle Enoch was born 622 years after the Creation. Therefore, he was born around the sixth week of the twelfth Jubilee.
He said that he was born “…in the first week.”
When taken literally, the phrase “in the first week” could mean that Enoch was born in the first week of the earth – this was not the case.
The Book of Jubilees says that Enoch was born “in the fifth week, in the fourth year of the jubilee, and he called his name Enoch.”(Book of Jubilees 4: 16).
This information further confirms that Enoch is referring to a span or era of time.
I am therefore making the assumption that WEEK means Millenium according to Enoch’s reference points.
The SECOND WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
4. And after me there shall arise in the second week great wickedness,
And deceit shall have sprung up;
And in it there shall be the first end.
And in it a man shall be saved;
And after it is ended unrighteousness shall grow up,
And a law shall be made for the sinners.
Meaning of the SECOND WEEK in Book of Enoch 93
Based on the context of the second week, it is possible that Enoch is referring to a week as a period of 1000 years. There would have been twenty Jubilees of time in this period of time.
The second week in the Book of Enoch refers to the era of time in which the earth was filled with “great wickedness and deceit.”
WEEK 2 – Year 1001 – 2000.
This was the era of the fallen angels and their offspring.
The phrase FINAL END refers to the final judgment of that era by the FLOOD. The flood took place about 1656 years after the Creation. (PPP Ministries, 2010).
Noah was the man that was saved with his family.
Unrighteousness sprang up in the earth again, as in the case of Nimrod. A law was made for sinners in heaven.
The THIRD Week in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
5. And after that in the third week at its close
A man shall be elected as the plant of righteous judgement,
And his posterity shall become the plant of righteousness for evermore.
Interpretation of the THIRD Week in the Book of Enoch Chapter 93
I am still going With the premise that the term WEEK in this text = 1000 years.
Therefore the time period refers to Year 2001 to Year 3000 (after the Creation).
A hallmark is a man who was elected as “the plant of righteous judgment.”
Who is this “plant of righteous judgment?”
In the Book of Enoch, the “plant of righteous judgment” refers to Christ. However, is Enoch referring to Christ in this context?
What is the posterity of the elected plant of righteous judgment
Enoch specifically said that God will elect a man as a plant of righteous judgment and that his POSTERITY shall become the plant of righteousness forever.
The word posterity is a clue to the meaning of this text. Enoch had prayed and asked God to leave a posterity in the earth after the flood and not to totally destroy all humans.
When we match or compare the texts, we see that the reference is to humans:
… to leave me a posterity on earth
And not destroy all the flesh of man,
And make the earth without inhabitant,
So that there should be an eternal destruction. (Enoch 84: 5)
Enoch further prayed:
But the flesh of righteousness and uprightness establish as a plant of the eternal seed (Enoch 84: 6),
What does the word ELECT mean in the Book of Enoch?
The Elect in the Book of Enoch has a dual reference to Christ and to the Righteous people that love and obey God.
What does the word ELECT mean in the Bible?
In the Bible, the phrase ELECT refers to:
– Christ – Isaiah 42: 1.
– Israel – (For Jacob my servant’s sake, and Israel mine elect -Isaiah 45: 4).
– Believers in Christ – Matthew 24: 24.
The elected man appears at the close of the third week
We are looking at the time period Year 2001 to 3000 (after the Creation).
Was Jacob born in this time period?
Yes! Jacob was born in 2108 approximately, but this is at the beginning of this third week or millenium. (How Old Is The Earth?).
Moses was born about 2588, coming in as the closest match (How Old Is The Earth).
(He was 80 years old in 2668, giving his birthdate as approximately 2588.)
David was born about 3198 but this is in the fourth week.
The fourth week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
And after that in the fourth week, at its close,
Visions of the holy and righteous shall be seen,
And a law for all generations and an enclosure shall be made for them.
Interpretation of the fourth week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
The time period is Year 3001 – 4000.
If my calculations are correct, this is about the time of the Judges of Israel to 288 years before the birth of Messiah (Hpw Old Is The Earth?)
Enoch speaks about the law being made for the Jews.
He speaks of an enclosure being made for them.
What is an enclosure?
There are no cross-references in the King James Version of the Bible for comparison.
An enclosure is an area surrounded by a barrier (Merriam Webster, 2021).
In European history, enclosure referred to:
…the division or consolidation of communal fields, meadows, pastures, and other arable lands in western Europe into the carefully delineated and individually owned and managed farm plots of modern time (Encyclopedia Britannica, 2021).
Given that the time period could be after Moses, this could refer to:
the separation of Israel from the nations around them and
their entry of Israel into Canaan.
The FIFTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
And after that in the fifth week, at its close,
The house of glory and dominion shall be built for ever.
Meaning of the FIFTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
WEEK 5 – Year 4001 – 5000.
Does the phrase house of glory and dominion refer to the Jewish Temple or to the Kingdom aka Church of the Lord Jesus?
The events in the later parts of this chapter indicate the phrase seems to have a dual meaning.
The keyword here is built FOREVER
Number of times that the Jewish temple was built
By King Solomon:
– Ruled 3268 to 3308.
– This places him in Week 4.
On the return from Babylonian captivity.
– The year of the final exile to Babylon is about 586 BC.
– This is approximately equivalent to 3702 years after the Creation.
– The return from the exile is 516 BC approximately (586 NC – 70 years of captivity).
– 516 BC matches the Year 3772.
– The Year 3772 is in Week 4.
By King Herod.
– He began the rebuilding in 20 BCE.
– 20 BCE is approximately 4268.
– Herod is in the FIFTH week.
– However, his temple was destroyed in 70 AD. It did not last forever.
– This is one layer of the prophecy.
Does the everlasting house of glory and dominion refer to the Kingdom of Christ?
– If calculations are correct, Jesus was born 4288 years after the Creation (How Old Is The Earth).
– No human Kingdom is everlasting.
– The Kingdom of Christ is the Eternal Kingdom:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
The SIXTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
And after that in the sixth week all who live in it shall be blinded,
And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly forsake wisdom.
And in it a man shall ascend;
And at its close the house of dominion shall be burnt with fire,
And the whole race of the chosen root shall be dispersed.
Meaning of the SIXTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
– WEEK 6 – Year 5001 – 6000.
– The scriptures refer to the spiritual blindness of the rulers in Jesus’ era on earth.
– A man shall ascend seems to refer to the ascension of Christ.
– The Romans burnt the Jewish temple in Jerusalem in AD 70.
– The whole race of the chosen root was dispersed in AD 70.
The SEVENTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
9. And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise,
And many shall be its deeds,
And all its deeds shall be apostate.
10. And at its close shall be elected
The elect righteous of the eternal plant of righteousness,
To receive sevenfold instruction concerning all His creation.
Meaning of the SEVENTH Week in the Book of Enoch 93: 6
WEEK 7 – Year 6001 – 7000.
– If Christ came in 4288, this would be the Years 4288 + 2021 = 6309.
– We are living in this era.
– This is indeed the era of the apostate generation.
– Go will pour out wisdom and knowledge on the righteous at the close of this era.
Did God shorten the days, times, between Weeks 5 and 6?
– It seems that God shortened times between Weeks 5 and 6.
– We see that times fast-forwarded between the rebuilding of the house of glory and dominion in Week 5 and its destruction in Week 6.
In speaking of the tribulation of the Romain invasion, Jesus said:
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.