Table Of Contents
Assurances For The Righteous
Assurances For The Righteous is found in the Book of Enoch Chapter 104. The chapter also includes Admonitions to Sinners and the Falsifiers of the Words of Uprightness.
Book of Enoch Chapter 104.
Assurances given to the Righteous
2. Be hopeful; for aforetime ye were put to shame through ill and affliction;
but now ye shall shine as the lights of heaven,
ye shall shine and ye shall be seen, and the portals of heaven shall be opened to you.
4. Be hopeful, and cast not away your hopes for ye shall have great joy as the angels of heaven.
5. What shall ye be obliged to do? Ye shall not have to hide on the day of the great judgement and ye shall not be found as sinners,
and the eternal judgement shall be far from you for all the generations of the world.
6. And now fear not, ye righteous, when ye see the sinners growing strong and prospering in their ways:
be not companions with them, but keep afar from their violence;
for ye shall become companions of the hosts of heaven.
Admonitions to Sinners and the Falsifiers of the Words of Uprightness.
7. And, although ye sinners say: “All our sins shall not be searched out and be written down,” nevertheless they shall write down all your sins every day.
9. Be not godless in your hearts, and lie not and alter not the words of uprightness,
nor charge with lying the words of the Holy Great One,
nor take account of your idols;
for all your lying and all your godlessness issue not in righteousness but in great sin.
10. And now I know this mystery, that sinners will alter and pervert the words of righteousness in many ways, and will speak wicked words, and lie, and practice great deceits,
and write books concerning their words.
11. But when they write down truthfully all my words in their languages,
and do not change or minish ought from my words
but write them all down truthfully–all that I first testified concerning them.
12. Then, I know another mystery, that books will be given to the righteous and the wise to become a cause of joy and uprightness and much wisdom.
13. And to them shall the books be given,
and they shall believe in them and rejoice over them,
and then shall all the righteous who have learnt therefrom all the paths of uprightness be recompensed.’